PART 1 ARCHITECTURAL ASSISTANT
JOB SUMMARY AND REQUIREMENTS
We are looking for an ambitious and motivated Part I Architectural Assistant to join our award-winning practice, on a 1-year fixed term contract. You have a passion about how buildings are put together from justifying concepts thought to how details are put together on site. You take pride in how you present your work and are a good communicator with an eagerness to learn and develop your skills.
- Full time role with flexible working arrangements
- Starting in May
- Location: Derby
- Learning and working across RIBA stages 1-4
- Preparing architectural drawings and visualisation for meetings and planning submissions.
- Submitting planning application, under guidance
- Completing research to help justify concepts including assisting with the preparation of Design & Access statements
- Working directly with the director throughout the RIBA work stages.
- Work with the wider team to discuss and solve key details.
- Flexible working hours
- Paid holiday
- Professional development budget
- Free fruit everyday
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Onsite showers
- Great working environment
- Central, city centre location
- Competitive pay
APPLICANTS MUST HAVE:
- A recognised RIBA Part I degree qualification
- Enthusiasm for strong well thought through design and a keen attention to detail
- Strong working knowledge of AutoCAD is essential and competency in SketchUp, Revit and Adobe Creative Suite are favourable.
- The initiative to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a small team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Evidence of the legal right to live and work in the UK
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following by Sunday 16th February 2020:
- Your CV and salary expectation
- Portfolio of work – 5MB Max
- What would make you excited to come to work every day?
- Tell us about a project (personal or professional) you loved working on
- What’s your passion? What do you do in your spare time and what inspires you to do it?
- Tell us your favourite film, album and food and why – there’s no wrong answer.
If you are shortlisted you will be invited for an interview.
No agencies please.