We are recruiting for an enthusiastic, passionate and self-motivated Architect to become part of our team in Derby.
The practice specialises in contemporary one-off designs within constrained locations such as national parks, conservation areas or sites within green belt and open countryside for a residential or commercial use.
We are looking for an Architect with great communication skills, be more than happy to collaborate positively with the wider design team, other consultants and authorities, be comfortable and confident being client facing and a self-starter.
You will have a keen eye for detail and strong problem-solving skills, to work effectively on the bespoke nature of our work. You’ll need have experience through RIBA stages 1-6 and CDM, for technical design and bespoke construction detailing.
An aptitude to research new building methods so you can communicate one off design solutions, ensuring we provide the best possible guidance to our clients.
- Managing design projects through RIBA stages 1-6
- Client relationships, guiding them through the design process
- Managing team to deliver, collaborating with external consultants, planning departments and constructors.
- Project financial management and profitability
- 5 years + of relevant experience working as an Architect with an extensive knowledge of the English planning policies and building regulations
- Experience with writing design statements
- Autodesk software (AutoCAD and Revit) to complete our drawing packages through RIBA stages 1-5
Desired Experience (but not essential)
- Proficient using Adobe Photoshop, sketchup and InDesign
- Completed documentation to meet CDM 2015 Regulations
Working at Simon Foote Architects
Salary: £35 000.00 -£42 000.00, subject to experience of applicant
Job Type: Architect – Full Time (40 hours per week) or Part time is also a possibility (min. 32 hours)
Working hours: Simon Foote Architects offer a flexible working approach where it is expected that employees complete there hours between 7am-7pm Monday – Friday.
Working Remotely: Working remotely is supported
Other benefits: Company pensions scheme, Heathcare and Gym membership (post probation period), On-site parking (free), 25 Days Holiday (plus bank holidays), Casual dress code, Work Social/ study trips, Relevant training for your role.
How To Apply
If this all sounds like a role you could thrive within, then please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with Cover Letter, CV and a relevant portfolio.
We look forward to hearing from you.
No recruitment consultants or agencies please.